portfolio blog store facebook contact

18 Mar 2012

Mondo science fiction exhibition

Mondo recently had their first show at their new gallery and they asked me to submit a piece. Other artists include: Aaron Horkey, Alex Pardee, Angryblue, Danial Danger, Drew Milward, Jeff Soto, Olly Moss, Tyler Stout and many many more I cant remember and again I have no place being amongst. From What I can gleen the show was a raging success and most if not all the stuff was sold on the night, including my piece which was a water colour piece of an Alien on tea stained paper just over 20x16 inches framed. I had done an alien piece before and it never really felt finished to me and wanted to see it through and found this was a perfect chance to take it to its final end and use my water colours.  Thank you to Mondo and everyone involved. Sorry about my terribly rushed pictures and bad camera skills, a quick Google search will produce some better pictures of all the posters and original artwork from the 30 artists from the night.The piece is called 'Monsters' after the Newt line:
Newt: My mommy always said there were no monsters - no real ones - but there are.
Ripley: Yes, there are, aren't there?
Newt: Why do they tell little kids that?
Ripley: Most of the time it's true.