portfolio blog store facebook contact

25 Jun 2012

Starbucks

So one night I saw an advert about how Starbucks was now making things 'personal' and asking for your name so they could call it out when your coffee was ready and you can get on like a house on fire. Not really a bad idea. I decided to have a little fun with it and this is the outcome. Also, while Ive got you here, I really love how people moan about Starbucks being corporate and closing down the little coffee shops, funny how most of the people I see moaning about this are saying it from their I've-got-more-money-than-america-iphones and I really don't remember seeing them in the small independent coffee shops before Starbucks moved it. Must have been their day off? There are loads of cups I forgot to take a pic of or haven't put on Instagram but here is a small selection of them:

Simon The Bon?! I try to use names that they wont know, sometimes it gets lost in translation.







And finally after all the fun with the staff they caught on to it all, had access to Instagram (@godmachine) and one day without asking for any name, pulled a fast one on me and handed me these cups. My real identity was revealed and my game was up. Well it was fun while it lasted....there is a different Starbucks around the corner from my office though...hmmmmmm....