portfolio blog store facebook contact

19 Mar 2013

Stardust

The first time I saw Sunshine by Danny Boyle I didn't like it. I don't know why, I felt rushed maybe.... and I didn't know at the time but it was to be the last film I ever saw in the cinema. For some reason years later I accidentally heard part of the score from the film and loved it, I think it was that famous piece that was later used in a thousand commercials and that Kick Ass film. But on hearing the music I decided to give it another go at home and fell in love with it. I've since bought one of those big TVs, its the first TV i have ever bought and my love of film continues with my own home cinema.
   This is a beautiful video and a great sentiment:
"PostPanic director Mischa Rozema's new short film, Stardust, is a story about Voyager 1 (the unmanned spacecraft launched in 1977 to explore the outer solar system). The probe is the furthest man-made object from the sun and witnesses unimaginable beauty and destruction. The film was triggered by the death of Dutch graphic designer Arjan Groot, who died aged 39 on 16th July 2011 from cancer.
The entire team at PostPanic (the Amsterdam-based creative company) pushed themselves in their own creative post techniques to produce a primarily CG short film crafted with love."

Click the Vimeo link to read more. 


Stardust from PostPanic on Vimeo.